- New covers for my kitchen appliances and O2 concentrator.
- Cover/blanket for the benches.
- Finish the dining room seat cover and make a non-Christmas one.
- Throw pillow covers for our currently non-existent sofa (lol)
- Make more pot holders.
- New curtains
- Make essential oil holders (been meaning to do this since 2020!)
- Key holders
- Oven gloves (I got this huge roll of heat resistant wadding which needs to be used!)
- Experimental projects, a wall hanging and something that requires a zipper.
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Creative Happy Tuesdays: Craft the Year Away!
I had fun developing new skills last year as I went through my sewing projects. I learned how to make curtains, finished my tshirt quilt project, a cover for my oxygen concentrator, and a Christmas tree skirt. I also made a couple of potholders and a Christmas placemat. The only "artwork" I made was the pink vinta project. I wasn't able to finish my other Christmas projects and gave up on the planned handmade gifts, haha.
What I learned though is to aim for the moon. Aim high so if you don't finish, you still get good results. I took so long finishing the tshirt quilt and I normally rest between major projects*. My craft room was also inaccessible for more than a month during renovation (it's not done yet). My overall plan for this year is to make more useful smaller projects.
I created a long list of projects I want to make back in 2021. Good thing I wrote it in a notebook. The list kept growing because I'd get inspired from my craft books and Pinterest. There's so many cute stuff in it and I know I always learn when I create something.
And note to self, if giving away handmade gifts, start making them in Q2!
*Gotta prevent trigger finger and arm pain