Pages

Friday, January 13, 2023

Lakwatsera Fridays: Breakfast Date with Sweetie

Took the opportunity today to accompany Sweetie on his errand. I also needed to refill my prescription and thought it would be easier to buy more at the mall. Well, that was my excuse. I just really wanted to visit SM. The last time I visited one was in 2020, on the day Taal erupted. 


After Sweetie's errand we walked a bit to look for breakfast. Luckily the restaurant beside the entrance was already open. It was a good choice since they had eggs Benedict available. It's been an elusive dish in our area. 

Enjoyed breakfast with Sweetie. We reminisced about the things we miss about Singapore because he spotted Nanyang before we entered the resto. He missed the ginormous Asia Square food court. It had a number of our favorite places, Toastbox, Guzman y Gomez, Aston's and it had a hidden Starbucks tucked away at the back. It was a memorable place since he would sometimes pick me up after work. 

After breakfast, we passed by Ace Hardware, Watsons and the supermarket. I realized I missed doing groceries in person. There's a lot of new things you can discover in person. It was fun to see some new offerings in the grocery. I was also able to compare prices and made mental notes on where to buy some items.


I was pretty tired by the time we finished doing groceries, but that was the perfect segueway to have a snack at Nanyang. Hrhrhr. I got my usual, teh peng, and thick toasts. The teh peng was okay, but the toasts were meh. Will stick to the cheesy chicken noodles next time. 


It's really good to go out once in awhile. I would've wanted to meet up with a friend, but it's hard for me to commit to a meetup. I only know if I'm up to a trip out if I wake up okay and sometimes my stamina runs out fast. I was lucky today because I made it back to the car before I had an asthma attack (AQI suddenly went up). Yup, I'm gonna be wearing a mask forever.

Happy weekend everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment