Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Plantita Saturdays: Aphids Ate My Sili Plants

Aphids are incorrigible. They infested my sili plants after they finished off my tomato plants. I just trimmed the plants last week and they're all over it again. At this point there's no turning back, I'll have to lay the sili plants to rest. Such a bummer since they started to flower again. 




Well, on the bright side I learned that you can use free sili that comes with your delivery meal. Just take out the seeds and dry them out before planting. That's what I did and they started flowering after two months. It would have started to form into fruit already if not for the aphid invasion. 

Dealing with aphids has been very challenging. It's not enough to remove them physically and spray neem oil. You also have to deal with the ants because they are besties. We got pest control to help middle of last year because of the higad. The service effectively rid of invasive ants and the aphids were gone for a couple of months. I guess the spray is all gone now because it's been raining. 

I've decided to pause my veggie planting for now. The conditions of my garden have not been feasible for growing. I'll just wait for things to be cleaned up after renovations and then I'll think about what to do next. In the meantime, I'll focus on keeping my new plants alive (it's not looking good). 

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment