Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Miracle Sundays: Feast of the Sto. Nino

Viva Pit Senyor! Cebu is once again celebrating Sinulog. My friends based in Cebu have been posting about the preparations the past few weeks and everyone's excited about it. I've never attended a Sinulog since I'm always busy at work by this time. 




Sto. Nino though holds a very important part of my life. I grew up with a sitting Sto. Nino statue in my parents bedroom. Mom adored the Sto. Nino and taught me to pray to him. I'm not sure where my Mom got the statue since it's very unique. Mom took care of Sto. Nino very well and she would even sew new clothes for Him. 

My Mom would normally have the roof cleaned after New Year. We were once surprised when they found a hole directly above where Sto. Nino was situated. The roof had to be fixed and they also found a bullet near the hole. We were lucky the hole did not pierce through the ceiling. It may have hit someone and we all thought it was Sto. Nino who saved us from peril. 

Thank you for always protecting us dear Sto. Nino. May our childlike faith progress and blossom into mature love for you. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment