Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Plantita Saturdays: Got New Plants from a Neighbor

My neighbors in our old home sell a lot of different items. You can easily get silogs wrapped in banana leaves for lunch. And you can get a myriad of home cooked food also from them. That's one thing I miss since we don't have that in our current home. Looked over the list again and saw that a neighbor was selling house plants. I guess she's been growing them in her balcony. 



I haven't been able to focus on my garden the past few months. The renovation has affected my plants since I had to move them around. Saw some plants being sold by a neighbor and I thought of getting some since they were indoor plants. What interested me was the baby rubber plant. I had one in Singapore before, I left it with a friend. 

From the photos I thought they were just in tiny pots. They each cost about 100-140 per pot. I was surprised to see they were in big pots when it was delivered, haha. They are much cheaper than the ones in the nearby nursery.



So I got two baby rubber plants, a calathea and calladium. Read up on care and it said just water once a week or wait for the soil to almost dry. They also don't like too much sunlight. Goodie. I can just ignore them haha. The calladium though requires fertilizer, the ones that slowly release nutrients so I have to look into that. 

I put them on a shelf for now and will find a permanent home once renovations are done. New plants make me happy! Yay!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment