Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Creative Happy Tuesdays: Made a Huge Quilt Cover for my Oxygen Concentrator

My doctor required me to have an oxygen concentrator on standby. I've used it a couple of times, but realized I should keep it covered whenever I don't use it. Decided to make a cover using my rainbow fabric. I love using it because it's so colorful. 

Challenged myself to do it in squares because I wanted to practice piecing ends evenly while using a sewing machine. I was able to put together the squares quickly, but it took a few more weeks before I finished sandwiching and putting the whole piece together (I got sick). 

Finally finished the binding today and I immediately used it on the oxygen concentrator. It's a huge hideous gadget. It's beside the bed and makes our room look a hospital. Now it's providing a splash of color in our room, no longer covered by just a towel. Yay!

There's two more covers I need to make to complete my "rainbow collection". I need to make one for the steamer and another for the airfryer. When that's done I plan to make a new set in more neutral colors. It'll probably take another three years to complete the set, haha. 

I was telling Sweetie, I should've made a quilt cover for my car! Hahaha! It would've been a huge pain to have it laundered!

Keep creating to stay happy!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment