Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Wellness Wednesdays: Drink More Water :)

I've been drinking 2.5 to 3 liters of water daily in the past 2 years. That wasn't always the case because I used to like drinking colored beverages more. My doctors kept reminding me to drink more water. I managed to raise it to 2 liters per day, but my body needed more. 


This was in Japan. 


Drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday helps prevent UTI because it keeps your kidneys running smoothly. It also helps your circulatory system since it prevents clots from forming. And, it keeps your skin clear and healthy. Those are just some points my doctors pointed out to me whenever they remind me to drink more water. 

To train myself to drink more water, I always have a water bottle with me. When I was working I had a 900 ml Lock & Lock bottle on my desk. I made sure to drink a bottle and a half throughout the day. I normally refilled it after lunch. I didn't mind going to the toilet more often since that added to my step count and it also served as a short screen-break for me (optha said to get off the screen hourly). 

When I started working from home I used a water bottle that won't spill. I switched to it since my workspace was smaller. The bottle is 750ml so I refill it 4x a day. I still drink coffee and milk tea (1-2x a week), but I don't count it in my liquid intake since I don't think it really contributes to hydrating me. My doctor reminded me though not to drink too much in one go, since that's bad for your digestive system and can cause GERD. Drink like a princess, haha. 

I feel much better whenever I drink the right amount of water per day. I rarely get leg cramps too. I guess even with all the weird stuff going on in my body, my skin has remained clear because of all the water I drink. The one and only time I was seen by a derma was when my cardiologist was reviewing me for a rare disease. The derma just told me to use moisturizer everyday. I guess I wasn't too interesting for her haha. 

Drink more water and it'll help you prevent a lot of issues :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment