Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Miracle Sundays: Grateful

It's my birthday today! I wanted to have a nice lunch celebration with family, but I've been having fever and severe asthma the past few days. I haven't gone out in the past two weeks and the test is negative, so it's likely just severe asthma due to the bad air quality. I really wanted to finally see my Mom, but for safety we're isolating again. 

The past few months have been challenging. The boys are well now and I'm still around to create more memories with them. It's almost ten years now since I had heart surgery and my doctors told me just before I went home they almost lost me back then. They've been quite fascinated on how I'm able to bounce back. 

It is a miracle brought about by faith and loads of prayers. I remind myself everyday that there is so much to be grateful for, never mind that I can't function like I used to. What's important is I still have time to create more happy memories with my family. 

And to celebrate my birthday, I thought I'd list ten things I'm grateful for:

1. My family for loving me and being the best support system in the universe.

2. My friends who always know when I need cheering up and providing kwento about the outside world. 

3. The surprises my friends send me. It's been hard to lose weight from all the food they keep sending, haha. 

4. Mom being okay. I was worrying a lot about my Mom because of the bad air quality. She's been unaffected. She has lungs made of steel. (Got mine from Dad).

5. Kuya, for being him.

6. Nosy neighbors who have been providing a lot of entertainment online, haha. Gais, chill lang kayo.

7. The person who has been cleaning up the foliage next door. Hope that helps alleviate the caterpillar issue. 

8. The yellow vented bulbuls who visit us everyday. 

9. Grab riders.

10. Everyone who prays for me. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment