Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Plantita Saturdays: Must-have for Your Plants

It's been a roller-coaster ride for me and my garden the past few months. The most challenging period for us was the higad invasion. Half of my plants died and it was a daily battle to control the infestation. The plants that survived were left weak and needed a lot of TLC. They have bounced back now and I hope they will start bearing fruit soon. 


Aglaonema


Mayana
The best thing I did for my plants was to research and ask advise from friends. There are a lot of resources online where you can learn. My go-to resource has been Epic Gardening on YouTube and I usually watch local gardeners as well. The most important lesson I learned though when I was resuscitating my plants was to be consistent in your care. 

And the most important item to have on hand for your plants is neem oil. It provides vitamins for your plants and protects your plants from pests. Spray it twice a week and you'll keep your plant happy. Just make sure to do it late in the afternoon so they don't burn your plant. My blue ternate and tomatoes have benefited a lot from getting a soft shower of neem oil twice a week. 

I also realized that my plants super love rice water. I give them some once a week. It certainly helped them become lush again. My mayana plant is now back to it's bushy old self. I've also been using it for some of the plants I re-potted. They're all now well-established. 

Now that my plants have recovered, I hope to plant some new ones to replace those that didn't make it. :)

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment