Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

What the World Needs Now

Jackie DeShannon made popular this beautiful song -

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.


2020 so far hasn't been kind to us. It's mantra is to wreak terror at every point. Honestly I've been afraid to read the news because of all the bad things happening. I do read the news and there's a lot of things happening I do not agree with. Earlier today I saw an old man shoved by a policeman. He fell down on the pavement. When someone tried to help him, a policeman stopped him. The old man was bleeding on the ground.



I asked myself, "Have we forgotten to be nice?" Have we forgotten the golden rule?

The last few months have really been hard on all of us. We all cope differently. I struggle a lot more especially when I'm unwell, but I always remind myself to try to be kind. I'm not perfect and there's probably times when I've offended people. I try to be extra mindful because I've been on the other end of outbursts and being treated unfairly.



There is a Filipino saying, "Kapag binato ka ng bato, batuhin mo ng tinapay" (If someone throws a rock at you, throw back bread). It basically means, if someone treats you unfairly, treat them with kindness. I experienced something terrible yesterday. It was so traumatic I wanted to hurt back. I ended up crying most of the day because it was really so hard to be at peace. I am so lucky I have guardian angels who look after me. Thank you guys.

Which brings me back to Jackie DeShannon's song, "What the World Needs Now is Love". My prayer is for everyone (including me) to remember to always be kind. Maybe then we can help make the world a better place.


#CB/60 #WFH47  #StuckAtHomeDay90 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment