Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Remembering my First Officemates

It's been a long time since I thought about my first officemates. Fresh out of school I joined a telco. I went through all the motions of going through the interviews, exam and the required paperwork. The first two weeks was spent in training and then I eventually met my teammates.

I don't have any photos left from that era.
One of the buildings somewhere in this photo was my office.


The first few months wasn't what I expected. We were part of the pioneer employees of the telco and because we were growing quite fast we spent a few months sharing one table. We were also situated in the executive floor, a stones throw away from the big bosses. Now the telco has multiple office across the country.

I guess because we were all a bunch of fresh grads we were a tight team. We spent a lot of time together in and outside of the office. We were required to attend a lot of events. In contrast during the day we'd go to very odd places. I was assigned hotels and supermarkets (so that's probably why I love going to supermarkets whenever I travel). We adjusted as needed since we managed new products that needed to be brought to the market.

I don't remember much of the work I did since it's been a loooong time. I remember the girls - Fe, Berna, Pam, Michelle, Angie, Donna, Sheila and there was Leo. I haven't seen most of them for more than a decade now and have no idea where most them are. I have many fond memories with them and checked my archives if I have any photos of them. We had a lot of photos that were taken with a film camera. Unfortunately I think all my photos perished during Typhoon Ondoy.

Thing have changed a lot since they were my officemates. I loved them dearly and hope they are all doing fine. I just thought of them today because I saw it was Michelle's birthday yesterday (happy birthday Mitch!). If ever I get to see them again it will probably be just like yesterday when we would go through our daily grind.

What about you? Do you have any fond memories of your first team?


#CB/66 #WFH51 #StuckAtHomeDay96 #StayHome #BeKind  

No comments:

Post a Comment