Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

Business As Usual

Ahhh, I think we've finally achieved what's usual at home. We had Mom's home blessed again and her friends came over for a visit yesterday. I'm glad we took the proper steps to get to where we are now. I think what changed it for my Mom was her haircut! Haha! I wanted to do it at a salon so we can do it together, but she said she preferred Ate Belen to come over. I wanted her to feel that things are back to normal, so I got help from Mom's best friend to contact her hairdresser. 




I had a chat with Mom via FB Messenger about her party. I'm really happy to see she's now using the phone I gave her last year. She just kept it uncharged until now. I was planning to get an extension for our landline so I can chat with her frequently from my craft room. Looks like we can just use FB messenger now. The reception of Google Meets is much better though, so I'll probably try that tomorrow. She was so excited to talk about her get together. It's what she really needed. 

And the best thing about where we are now is I'm sleeping better! As soon as Miggy turns the light off I immediately fall asleep. That took years to resolve! I guess I've been worried about Mom for a long time now and resolving the issue at home is what finally relaxed me. I've also been able to start sewing again. Finished one of the long block curtains. Hope to finish the other one tomorrow.  

Now that things have quieted down, I'm picking up where we left off in late Feb. Miggy and I were supposed to get our booster shots together with my Mom. They only had Moderna. My doctors required me to get Pfizer again to avoid complications (i.e. clotting). We hope to get it this weekend. I've also restarted our home project. We've been in our new home for four months now and it's still a mess, haha! Ahh, one thing we're having difficulty with is getting medical insurance for me. Oh well, I hope our agent can find me a good one. 

It's Friday! Happy weekend everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely

No comments:

Post a Comment