Pages

Friday, April 29, 2022

Focus on the Truth

A friend told me I should write about what I feel, what I'm thinking about. He said that when I re-shared a post he made. I realized then that I have to do more since I have family and friends who are still deeply embroiled in the lies perpetrated by the dictator's son and his minions. It is exasperating and frustrating.. I cannot understand why they do not believe in facts. They even continue to share pages and sites perpetuating fake news. 

The election season just runs for a few months. Our family and friends will still be our family and friends. I must admit, I am not a very patient person. I told myself though it's more important to keep my relationship with my love ones intact than answering back the lies they have been (maybe unknowingly) sharing. It's been really hard. 

I just finally watched "The Kingmaker". It an honest third party view of what happened to our country. My heart broke again and again while watching the documentary. From thousands killed during martial law to thousands killed because of the drug war. Not to mention the billions robbed from our coffers. Watch the film and understand why you shouldn't support people who would treat you as mere objects. 

I have resolved to keep sharing the truth. It may be that my loved ones are stuck in their echo chamber and only see fake news and lies. I hope they also see why it's important to vote for someone who has the right values and the right qualifications. I wrote about how I would assess candidates in 2016 and it's still useful since the job description hasn't changed. 

If you follow the news, you'd see similar activities from martial law happening now. The loans that we are still paying for through our taxes. The debt though has ballooned to 13 trillion and will be paid again by citizens through tax. When I was an OFW, I was only taxed 15% as a foreigner. If I worked here, my employee income would have been taxed at least 32%. Have you ever wondered by Singapore is able to do that even though their population is only 5.86M compared to 109.6M in the Philippines? 

I hope we can just focus on what is real and what would really be good for the whole population. Let's not allow just a few families to benefit from all the hardwork we give through our taxes. 



#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely

  



No comments:

Post a Comment