Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Will It Be Worth It?

Kuya had solar panels installed at Mom's house over a year ago. They did the day set-up only. That means it only covers her consumption during the day. Kuya wanted Mom to use the a/c during the day whenever she wants. So far her monthly electricity bill has been halved. I expect it to go lower since the occupants have been reduced. 

Our electricity consumption has increased in the past month because of the summer heat. The boys have been keeping me in a cool room to prevent heat exhaustion. Kuya mentioned we should get a solar set-up so we can save money. He promptly introduced me to his supplier, Mark. 



To determine how many panels we'd need, Mark asked me about our consumption. From there he was able to compute how much average electricity we need per day. The nice thing about it is you can sell your excess energy to Meralco. 

Computed the cost and I think we should be able to recoup our investment within 24 to 30 months. Potentially less if we're able to sell the excess energy to Meralco (dunno how much they pay you though). Using solar energy will also be good for the environment. It will reduce our carbon footprint also and I don't have to feel guilty about using a/c all day. 

As with any purchase we make, I'm still fussing over it. I think it makes sense though to make this investment since electricity is almost 20% of our monthly expenses. It is a significant chunk and at least we have this option to eventually reduce (and maybe make zero) the cost. So maybe we'll do this (too bad we can't do this for our condo unit).

Let me know if you have any experience about using solar energy for your home. 

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment