Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Reflect, Reset, Recharge and Remember

I remember those days we used to spend Holy Week in Camangui, Pasacao. My parents would forbid me from swimming after 3 in the afternoon on Good Friday. This extends to Good Saturday and explained to me that Jesus is dead and it's dangerous to do anything. Of course, I followed what they said and would just do other things. 



I do remember there wasn't really anything to do back then. There wasn't anything on TV, cable did not exist yet, the radio wasn't to be used. You just had to bear the week in silence. You weren't allowed to do anything. Things got a bit better when I was a teenager because I was able to participate in the activities of our church. I was also able to do Visita Iglesia with friends. 

In the  past decade I was either in Singapore or here and we'd just spend it at home. We were never really keen on going on a vacation during Holy Week since that's what most people do. We'd enjoy the silence in the metropolis with everyone gone. We might go on a joyride today, just to go around and spin Pokestops. I'm treating it as a reward for surviving the nasty booster shot I got two weeks ago. I think I'm finally back to normal now. 

With cable and online streaming sites, the silence I used to observe during Holy Week is not the same. I just kept myself from posting on social media. I now know that the best way to be silent is to just stay offline. It's the best way to reflect, reset and recharge and remember that Papa God loves you. 

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely

 

No comments:

Post a Comment