Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2022

True Inspiration For All Comes Once in a Lifetime

My mentor, Dr. Ned Roberto, gave me this advise many moons ago. He said to always have a "mentor" at every point in my life. The mentor you choose need not know that he is your mentor. You just need to observe and pick up skills/behaviors so you can learn. He also said you can have multiple mentors at one time. I followed his advise since then and I learned a lot through the years. 

And upon us is someone who is providing inspiration for all of us. She has been through a lot in the last decade. She lost her husband because of a tragedy. She's been ridiculed, insulted and trashed by politicos and trolls. She has admirably withstood all of it and is now fighting for all of us. We all naturally get angry, but her response has been "Mas radikal ang magmahal" and to focus on the goal. 

I was reading tweets until the wee hours of the morning. It's been heartening to  read about house-to-house campaign experiences, people providing free food and freebies during rallies. She has been bringing out the best in us. That is true inspiration and rare. The only other time I have seen our country come together was when Ninoy's death pushed people to overthrow the dictator. 

Of course, I am referring to VP Leni Robredo. She has become our inspiration and our hope for a better future. And today we show all our love for her because it is her birthday. Happy, happy birthday Madam VP. May God continue to bless you and protect you and your family. I pray every night for you and your team, so that we may win this fight. 

And yes, VP Leni is now one of my "mentors". :D

For everyone attending the #ArawNa10To People's Rally and Street Party, please take care and enjoy! 

P.S. Belated happy birthday Rocco!


Artwork by Robert Alejandro. He has graciously allowed anyone to use his Leni-Kiko artwork to be used by anyone.   

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely


No comments:

Post a Comment