Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

A Brief Respite: First Staycation in a Long Time

Went on a one-night staycation last night with the boys. We were honestly avoiding a possible brownout which the utility company said may or may not happen. We haven't been out as a family since December 2019, so we thought it was a good time to try. 

We just went to the city next to us. I had second thoughts about it tbh, since it's such a hassle to pack an overnight bag. Anyway, after some delay, we finally checked-in around five in the afternoon. Waited for the sun to set and then we decided to walk around to get some take out. We ended up at Angrydobo. I convinced the boys to try it since I got to try it back in 2019. The food was certainly tasty and it made the boys happy.

There was an always open McDonald's across the hotel. When we were in Singapore, we used to have midnight snacks at McDonald's. I told the boys we should go get some ice cream at midnight like we used to. We were all in pajamas by 11, so that did not happen hahaha. Maybe we'll do it next time. We were just so full from dinner and Sweetie got some cake also from Conti's. BR.

We're back home now. It was just a quick getaway. I realized it was a much needed break from our daily routine. It was my first time to reach my daily step count goal. I definitely needed the push so I could regain my strength. The staycation also did wonders for my mental health. I've been unwell the past few weeks (post-booster) and it wasn't boding well for my mental health. The brief respite broke the downward spiral of my spirits. My mind has to be well so the rest of my body can get better. 



If you need a break, just go and do it. It doesn't have to be far away. You can break the monotony in many ways. Just make sure to follow proper health protocols, remember the virus is still out there spreading. 

And now I go water the plants. 

Have a great day everyone!


*BR - baboy reflex. Learned this term from my niece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment