Pages

Monday, April 25, 2022

Inspired Artistry, Beautiful Performances by Filipino Artists

I found the list of candidates I voted for in 2019 last week. I looked over the list and realized not one of the senators I voted for won. I preferred to go home to vote because I always knew I'd eventually go back. A friend who used to live in Singapore told me it was really very hard to transfer her voter registration. She said it was like registering for the first time. Good thing I followed my Mom's advise and just went home to vote. 


Miggy missed voting during the 2019 election and good thing we went in late 2019 to have it reactivated. I checked our profiles the other day and he's marked active, whew. My Mom though, who never missed an election, was tagged "under review". I'm checking now what that means because I'm sure she'll be upset if she's not able to vote. 

It's a busy day here at home. We're having our windows tinted to help reduce the heat. I'm as usual cooped up in the craft room. I discovered videos of artists supporting VP Leni and Senator Kiko. Here's some I've come across:

Bukas Palad Music Ministry flash mob at EastWood Mall


Liwanag sa Dilim, All Stars



Dancers for Leni


Ito ang Gusto Ko by Arkin and Elmo Magalona
(Now I finally know who Arkin is! Hehe).


Hey Moonshine now has a video of their new song, Ipanalo Natin 'To (Spotify link below)





And there's many others like Yeng's version of Liwanag sa Dilim, Rosas by Nica del Rosario, Saranggola ni Leni, theater flash mob (and more on Audie Gemora's YouTube channel), a new song from my friend's band, Hey Moonshine, and there are many more from individuals and groups who have been inspired to show their support through other performances. (Happy to add more to the list!). I watch inspiring videos for good vibes. My "artistic" contribution is my pink vintas quilt throw pillows (see above) which I hand quilted two months ago. 

Only a true servant leader can inspire so many people to come out and express their support through song, dance, cooking/baking for others, providing free transpo during rallies... Only a true servant leader can bring out the best in us and remind us that there is hope. And it is within reach, but we have to make sure that the rest of those we vote for will support her. I now have a good idea of who I will vote for in the national level, but now I need to spend time to see who I should vote for in the local level. they're strangely not really campaigning in our area, so I need to research. 

I panicked a bit last night when I saw a supposed drone shot of the sortie of an opposing candidate. I immediately checked out if there were corroborating posts. The drone shot just came from one person and was picked up by media. The police claimed there were 100k attendees, but strangely there was just a handful of posts from attendees. I saw more posts from people in the area complaining about the noise. Were they not proud to attend? The hashtag didn't even trend and I only found more posts when I searched for the name of the venue. I just found it strange that people weren't sharing their support online. Well... dedma, it's truly better to focus on the task at hand which is to do house-to-house campaigning. 

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment