Pages

Friday, April 22, 2022

I Wish

I wish I could attend the rally tomorrow! I've been following the plans of the contingent of Scholasticans attending the rally. Aside from planning where to meet, they have also been sharing tips on how to survive the rally. I'll just join online and hope the internet will be stable. 



I've been spending more time offline this month. I've been doing things that make me happy so I could recover faster from the booster shot I got. Yes, recovery has been very slow. I've been doing activities to push myself and develop more stamina. On Monday I puttered around my tiny garden. The lettuce I planted in January hasn't really grown (both in soil and the hydroponics set-up). I'm not entirely sure why, so I decided to plant a new batch. Surprisingly, the seeds sprouted just after two days. Here's how it looks today -

Hope this would be a better batch.


On Tuesday, I worked on my memory quilt. Slowly piecing it together. I decided to take a photo of each shirt I used. I realized each one holds so many memories. It's something I could probably blog about since I never really wrote about what I experienced within 15 years. I did start writing a book about it. Still thinking whether I should continue it. Anyway, I hope to finish the quilt blanket this quarter. 

Wednesday was a busy day. We had to do adulting tasks for our three homes. It's hard and I realized managing an "ancestral house" (that's what the engineer called Mom's house since it's over 50 years old). Learning a lot though and I told Miggy to move us to a smaller home when we get older. If you are a homeowner and want to keep your home, make sure to have a budget to fix things at set times. 

I had to rest on Thursday because I had too much activity on Wednesday. Spent most of my time sewing and just sprayed neem oil on my plants. Also decided to proceed with our investment to use solar energy. It will save us a lot of money in the long run and it's one of the items that has a clear option to reduce cost. 


We were supposed to do some adulting stuff again today, but I feel I need to rest. Miggy and I have been watching "Our Great National Parks" on Netflix. It's the show former President Obama is narrating. It's interesting to watch because it shows how nature can recover if it's given space. They also show some never before seen animals. It's just 7 episodes and we're almost done. I plan to watch "Is it Cake?" next. 

For the weekend, will plan some family time and plan to watch the rally online. I wish though they'll also stream it on YouTube since it's more stable than watching livesteams on FB, plus it's easier to cast on TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment