Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Midlife Crisis, wut

This is one of the strangest years in my life. I don't know about you, but time has just been moving really fast for me. It's been moving fast for me probably because I've been so busy at work. 


I received a reminder this morning about someone celebrating her 30th birthday. I wondered who it was and read through the email. I was so surprised to find out that my niece is turning 30! It did not occur to me that she'd be turning 30 because in my mind she's just 12 years old (forever). Yup, even though she has a five year old son I still think she's only 12. 

When I realized that a timelapse of my life fast-forwarded in my mind. I've just been taking things one day at a time and I realized I've already lived four and a half decades. Now I'm asking myself, have I really lived? Have I been fulfilling my mission? Am I having a mid-life crisis? 

OMG! Am I?

That thought just literally popped in my head. 

<break>

Sorry, I just had to read a little about what midlife crisis is all about. Honestly it never crossed my mind. I read this article and it says that one goes through a slump in their 40s. Happiness declines and you have this urge about being young again. That's exactly what I wrote about last night (struggling with change). The article also said that midlife crisis is usually triggered by life changes. 

I had a major life change last year when Miggy finished school and moved back to Manila (empty nester now huhu). That happened and I was overwhelmed with my health issues (PTSD probably). I'm out of the woods now and I think my happiness tank is filling up again. So maybe I did have a midlife crisis (an early one!) and I'm over it. I definitely do not have any urges to be young again. I'm happy being my age (my doctors keep reminding me I'm still so young). I'm happy not caring about things that used to rile me up when I was in my 30s. 

They were just 2 years old yesterday...

Whew! I'm glad that shock about my niece turning 30 this month is over. So... she's old now haha. She has so much to look forward to. I just hope and pray she'd be always happy and find her one true love. Ahhh, this means this tita has to start losing weight. I can probably expect weddings to start happening in the next few years.  

Here's a rundown for birthday posts I made throughout the years -

30th (my first post here was copied from my Friendster post)

35th

40th

45th

Get your butt moving ghorl, there's still so much life to live!

#CB//225 #StuckAtHomeDay/255 #WFH151 #StayHome #BeKind 


No comments:

Post a Comment