Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Heart of Healing

I wrote about a miracle last year. I was miraculously healed from heart failure. My Singaporean cardiologist was quite surprised that I was in good shape and took out most of my maintenance medicines. The planned heart surgery last year was postponed. It's been more than a year since the planned heart surgery and I've since been slowly getting over my allergies. I can now eat/drink chocolate, Coca-cola and I'm halfway over my allergies for crabs and shrimps! Hooray!

Early this year though, my cardio advised that I should still go through heart surgery so that I could live a normal life again and have more kids. I was really saddened over that and became a bit depressed over it. For a few weeks after my check-up I ended up having asthma attacks almost everyday and I was not my usual perky self.

Ardy Roberto's book "The Heart of Healing" was a token from a talk I gave. I was immediately hooked when I started reading the book while waiting for Sweetie to pick me up. The book is about Ardy's wife who had lupus. Lupus is a disease that isn't curable and Ardy's journey wasn't an easy one. I am glad though that I came across the book because it surely reminded me of what Fr. Faller said during his homily. He said that healing may not be immediate, but may come in phases.

The cloud that was on me for the past few months lifted half-way through the book. Healing is indeed a process which often takes time to happen. I continue to pray to be healed so I can continue my mission.

It's my birthday today and I'd just like to thank my family, friends and everyone who has touched my life for being there. And, of course, thank you Papa God for the healing grace.

Bongga!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aileen! I thank the Lord for all the healing graces you've received. I pray for your continuous healing and patiently await the time that you'll get there. And through all this, remember that I am just right beside you and always will be. Take care and Happy birthday again sweetie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember what you told me in one of our online conversations: Part of healing is acceptance. I am feeling a lot better since you told me that. It helped me get through my own ordeal. For your birthday, I could only wish you more healing, good health and happiness. :) Tuloy ba Singapore? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the post and thank you for writing about your healing. My Swato and I just got back from Korea where we spoke at a medical convention to share the Heart of Healing. Happy Birthday, Aileen! I'm sure God will keep on healing your heart :-) Thanks for sharing what you thought of our book. Our prayers go with you today!
    Ardy & Tingting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Belated happy birthday Ate Aileen. Hindi pa rin ako bumabalik ng heart center until now. Haha. Pagagalitan na ako ng cardio ko. Wishing good health for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. :-)

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete