Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Beach, I Miss You

I miss the feeling of walking barefoot on a sandy beach. Feeling the warm sun on my face. Breathing in fresh air. And then taking a dip in the cool water. 

I had a hard time selecting photos for this post. 
This is one of fave places, Carbin Reef.

I love going to the beach. I oftentimes find myself looking outside the window wishing I was at a nice tropical island. I was only 8 months old when my parents started bringing me to the beach. We'd go to Camangui in Pasacao every year when I was a child. My family always had a hard time getting me out of the water. I never learned and was always sunburnt by the second day. 

I haven't changed. I try to go to the beach at least once a year. At least we were able to go to Bohol last December. We spent a few days there as a family to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was a fun few days. Looking back we should have spent a whole week there. 

Super miss my Miggy and Mom.

The beach also reminds me of the wonderful food you can have while on vacation! Fresh fruits like mango, watermelon, honeydew, lanzones, rambutan, chico, banana. Special local food inihaw na isda, barbecue, mangga't bagoong, ensalada, kinilaw, sinigang, kare-kare and the multitude of yummy Filipino food. I think I have just effectively brought back my appetite just thinking about all the food I normally eat whenever I'm by the sea. 

Back when we could do jump shots hahaha.

I have so many happy images flashing through my mind now. I miss going to the beach with my family and friends. What about you? What do you miss most about going to the beach?

Miss the beach? I have many more beach posts here and here.


#CB//211 #StuckAtHomeDay/241 #WFH142 #StayHome #BeKind


No comments:

Post a Comment