Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

There is Always Hope

Before I went to bed last night I saw the good news that Joe Biden is now president-elect in the US. I had been monitoring the count the last few days. I think everyone across he globe has been watching the progress of the counting. The outcome affects every one of us. 

What's even more amazing is the US is getting it's first female vice-president. She is also a black and South Asian woman. Her win brings so much hope and promise for all minorities. America was always known to be the land of the free. The land few years though there has been so much unrest and discrimination. I could not fathom how there can be discrimination in this day and age. 

It feels like 2020's bad vibes is going to end soon. I'm hoping and praying for it since it's just been non-stop bad news after another. Today's good news is a symbol of hope for all of us. Things will get better as long as we work on it together. 

Vice-president elect Kamala Harris'  speech resonates this hope --

"But while I may be the first woman in this office, I won’t be the last.
Because every little girl watching tonight sees that this is a country of possibilities.
And to the children of our country, regardless of your gender, our country has sent you a clear message:Dream with ambition, lead with conviction, and see yourself in a way that others might not see you, simply because they’ve never seen it before.
And we will applaud you every step of the way."

#SanaAll

#CB//214 #StuckAtHomeDay/244 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment