Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

My Heart Went Whoopsies

The past ten days have been very challenging for me health-wise. My doctors have been hesitant to give a diagnosis just yet until they understand the full picture. 

I oftentimes ask myself why did God give me a very unusual body. I was always different even when I was a child. And then eventually my congenital heart issues progressed and I had to under go mitral valve repair. My doctors discovered during my surgery that the structure of my veins were very different. I had many nurses who came in to look at me because they said it was uncommon to meet someone like me. 

At my fave doctor's office. I was on the same spot, also sitting on a wheelchair almost 8 years ago. 
He's been my doctor for 17 years now.

My doctor said though that my issues have been there all my life and any procedures or medicines I take should be carefully scrutinized. I do get frustrated because there's so much I want to do. I believe though that you are given the cross you can bear so I try my best to cope and serve the mission assigned to me. 

On the bright side, I am very grateful to have a team of doctors who really care for me. Yesterday my respiratory doctor was really concerned about my condition and insisted I immediately see my cardiologist. I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon in my cardiologist's office for tests. One thing I like about my doctors is they recognize that I'm an unusual case and they need to give me customized care. 

So that's what I've been going through the past ten days. I'm just resting at home, sleeping when I feel like sleeping. I should probably see my other doctor next week. I missed seeing him today because I had to wait for the results of my test. In the meantime, I pray, try to live healthier and rest for now. 

Pray for me okay?

#CB//213 #StuckAtHomeDay/243 #WFH144 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment