Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Second Mustasa Harvest, It was Yummy!

Barely two weeks after we harvested from our mustasa plant, it was ready again for another harvest. It was just recently I made my Dad's mustasa dish (which I call now mustasa taco) so I did some research on what other dishes use mustasa.



Sweetie has been craving for sinigang the past few weeks so I looked up whether mustasa was used for sinigang. It is! But usually for fish sinigang. After reading some recipes and the ingredients I had on hand, this is how I made today's sinigang -

Ingredients:

250 gms. pork cubes
1 small radish sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
3 large mustasa leaves, cut it up
1/4 tsp salt
sinigang mix
10 cups water
*Add sinigang sili if you have

How to Cook:

(1) Boil the pork with some salt for about 20-25 minutes, drain the water
(2) Add 10 cups of water to the boiled pork cube, add 1/4 tsp salt, the radish and sinigang mix
(3) Once the water boils add the onion and tomatoes, let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes
(4) Turn the heat off and add the mustasa leaves. Serve hot.

***Sweetie gave it 5 Mabuhay Stars haha.

I hope next time we'll be able to use our tomatoes for cooking!


CB//138 #StuckAtHomeDay/168  #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment