Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Went to the Park for the First Time

We've been wanting to visit the park since we moved to the West Coast area. We're sandwiched between two parks, but to be honest we haven't explored our area yet. We just go out when it's really essential.

It's been a very stressful week and today the medical frontliners in the Philippines spoke up about the dire situation of the healthcare system. It really pains me to see my country in that situation and I cannot help but worry for my family and friends. So getting fresh air was a good idea.



Since the haze is a bit elevated Sweetie suggested I wear an N95 mask. The mast I have has a valve and my doctor-friend advised me to be careful about using masks with valves. I tried to put a surgical mask on top of the N95 mask, but I couldn't breathe properly so I just stuck with the N95 mask. I always take a lot of precautions, but I can't hibernate forever.



We walked slowly through the park, playing Pokemon Go at the same time. The kites flying fascinated me. It's one of my favorite things to do. I told Sweetie if we could find walis tingting here I could actually make a kite from that. My Dad taught me how and the last time I made one was for Miggy when he was growing up. The kites they have here are pretty posh! And huge! Maybe when I'm in better shape I can make a kite for Sweetie so I can show off my kite-flying skills hahaha.

Those dots in the sky are huge kites!

When we lived in Harbourfront area, our go-to park was Sentosa. We'd walk all the way to the beach. It was one of my favorite things to do. Our new park also has the beach at the end, but we left going to that area for another day. The huge grassy area and the play areas was enough for us. And oh watch out for the vlog I'll be making about this day. We had a surprise visit from someone in the park.

Our stroll lasted almost two hours. We thought of buying a drink at McDonald's (the only store in the park), but decided against it. The line was too long, it was just not worth the risk. Got home, ate leftovers and we're just chilling now.

I love 3-day weekends. What about you? What fun stuff have you been doing this weekend?


CB//117 #StuckAtHomeDay/147 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment