Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Plantita Saturdays: Poinsettia Season!

It's poinsettia season! Of course, I just had to get one. I actually got two, one for Mom and one for me. I suspect though the one I gave Mom is doing better. Mom always had poinsettias during Christmas. They stayed red beyond the Christmas season. I figured it was easy to manage. Not. 




Since it's my first time to have this plant, I did some research on how to properly care for it. Here's some tips I got -

  • Immediately water the plant once you get home. 
  • The plant prefers cooler weather.
  • They prefer indirect sunlight.
  • Place it away from heat sources and windy areas. 
  • Water only when the soil is dry.
  • Only put fertilizer if you're keeping the plant after the holiday season. Hopefully it will re-grow (I'm not hopeful). 
I think I need to transfer the poinsettia from where it's located now since it's been shedding a lot of leaves. It's still quite pretty though and I hope it stays alive until after Christmas. I'm thinking whether I should buy more, but with renovations ongoing I'll probably just try again next year. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment