My dining chairs are black. I had them made that way coz I could make quilted seat covers. You can also buy seat covers online. I saw some cute seat covers online, but they're too small. My chairs are too big, so I'll just make some.
After getting inspiration, I started doodling on how I wanted my first seat cover should look like. I decided on a simple Santa and snowman design. I quickly pieced the base together and soon realized it was harder than I thought it would be.
The first big hump was the size of the face. The first one I made was too small. I made several templates before I replaced the face. I'll just use it for another project. The second hump was making the nose. I thought it was as easy as making pincushions. It took several tries before I was satisfied with what I made. Third challenge was making the mustache. Then I realized I didn't have big buttons for the eyes. Luckily the one I ordered online was delivered in two days.
I'm probably just halfway through. I'm debating on whether I'll add more hair and a beard for Santa. I didn't realize it would be this challenging, haha. The tree skirt was much easier to do. Hopefully, I'll be done before Christmas!
Post a Comment