Pages

Friday, November 4, 2022

Lakwatsera Friday: Kuala Lumpur

I've lost count on the number of times I've been to Kuala Lumpur. It became a routine route for me since it was just a very short flight from Singapore. I'd usually hop on a plane in the morning and I'd go straight to the office. It was an easy commute since from KLIA I just take the KLIA Express to KL Sentral. I normally also book a hotel within KL Sentral. Easy peasy. 




One of the most memorable visits was when our good friends, Marcus and Shirni, took me and Sweetie around. They surprised us with tickets to go to the skybridge of the Petronas Towers. Being 170 meters off the ground was a dizzying experience. We went in the evening so we got to see KL at night. We were already happy seeing the twin towers from the bottom, but getting to the skybridge was amazing! After that we had dinner at Madam Kwan's (busog lusog!). Thank you Marcus and Shirni!




I love the food in KL. They have the best Nando's in the region. The chicken is always perfectly cooked and best matched with their sauce. I remember eating their once with more than 15 people in tow. I arrived late for an event since I was tied up in another country. The whole community welcomed me and we had dinner at Nando's. I was so dazed* by then, but I remember feeling super happy that night with everyone.


Another visit with Miggy.

 

And that's what I like best in Malaysia (not just KL). I met so many people from many walks of life. Some have become life-long friends and I hope they'll come and visit the Philippines when this crazy pandemic is over. I haven't had the chance to explore more of KL though, so hope I'd be able to come back too someday. 

*Probably explains why I don't have any photo from that night!

#BeKind #StaySafe



No comments:

Post a Comment