Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

New Home, Clean Slate #StayHome

It’s our second night in our new home. My hands feel like there are tiny wounds already from constantly washing my hands and re-washing dishes, pots and pans from moving. We couldn’t locate our cutter so opening boxes have been a struggle too. Our hands felt like sandpaper last night. Putting on some petroleum jelly helped. We’re more than halfway through our boxes, but we both have to WFH tomorrow so unboxing will have to wait. 


We get the sun in the mornings and I love how bright our new home is. We’ll be able to save on electricity since the place is well lighted during the day, unlike our previous place where we had to turn on the lights even during the day. I super look forward to making new memories in our new home. 


Our first dinner. Discovered a Thai place on Grab, hawker centre prices and yummy!


Yesterday we planned to go back to our old place to pick up the stuff we left in the fridge. We were so tired we decided to stay, but realized we didn’t have water. I know that tap water in Singapore is drinkable, but my tummy isn’t used to it so we always boil water. Sweetie remembered that there’s a vending machine in the property so we went downstairs to buy some water. We were so elated to discover that there was a Gardenia and snacks vending machine too! I also found the bag of coins Miggy gave to Jay! Little wins = happy day. 


Hauled the stuff from the fridge and breakable items. It was so heavy! Luckily nothing broke and now I have a lot of bubble wrap I could play with hehe. 


And that’s why I feel like this is a new chapter in my life. The last two years have been a struggle for me health-wise and I think a page has turned. I guess it’s true that your body really re-boots every 7 years! I will continue to work hard to improve my body. [Exercise must resume tomorrow!]


Just realized that it’s already mid-April! We’ve been so busy the last few weeks looking for a new place, packing and moving. I hope to finish fixing up our new place by the weekend so I can start doing my April to-do list. COVID19 is like a dark cloud always hovering on me and it’s really concerning that there’s a lot of confirmed cases the past week. I hope and pray everyone would recover and that a vaccine will be found soon. My sister pinged me today that there’s been several deaths in the family. Please pray for the repose of the souls of my cousin’s husband, my brother-in-law’s cousin and our neighbor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment