Pages

Monday, October 3, 2022

Home on Mondays: Sold My 10-Year Old Car in 2 Weeks

Minnie is now gone. That's what I called my tiny car when I got her in 2011. The funny thing is I even created a blog to chronicle my adventures with her. Of course, that didn't happen because a few months after getting Minnie I moved to Singapore. 

I never really got to drive Minnie by myself because Mom always insisted I should have someone drive for me. The only times I got to drive her was within my barangay. I initially wanted to be more independent in getting from point A to point B. I also got sick after riding a taxi that reeked of LPG fumes. Getting a car was a natural next step.




An opportunity came I couldn't pass up, so I left. I got to use my car whenever I went home. Sadly, in the last decade it only traveled 12,000+ kilometers. I didn't sell it because I thought Miggy might be interested to learn how to drive. I moved it to our new home since we had ample parking space. The pandemic though kept us home and our movements have been limited.

I would look at Minnie everyday while watering my plants. I realized that I didn't give her the love and care she needed. I had the casa assess what should be done to spruce her up. The casa was charging me 30k to get her back in perfect shape. It was then I thought long and hard whether I should still keep her.




Keeping her would mean getting her fixed. Annual costs also include regular maintenance and registration (about 25k to 30k annually). It also meant I need to get a  license. My license expired years ago. I was also not allowed to drive since I had heart surgery. My poor car, I thought. She never got to fulfill her mission.

Decided to sell her and asked help from Sweetie to get things in motion. Told myself the deadline would be until her next registration date. We decided to consign her though Automobilico, a shop that sells second hand cars in our neighborhood. After assessing the car, they gave us two choices: (1) Get paid spot cash, or (2) Put the car on consignment and we get paid based on our prescribed amount. 


The day she left.


After some research we also found a couple of websites where you can enlist your car. If you do this though you'd have to entertain the inquiries yourself and take care of all the paperwork. Well, Automobilico took care of everything. They even picked up the car and brought it to their showroom and they took care of all the inquiries. And, as expected, the car was sold in two weeks. Headache-less transaction was completed today. Yay!

Goodbye Minnie! May the family that bought you take care of you and finally fulfill your destiny :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment