Pages

Monday, October 24, 2022

Home on Mondays: Visited Landers Superstore for the First Time

I've been browsing through Landers' website for a few months now. I've been getting groceries somewhere else, but I was curious. I did not see the need to be a member until after we visited S&R (haha). I was a bit disappointed in the branch we went to and I got more curious about Landers. 



Signed up online yesterday and went to the nearest branch bright and early today. Got my card and in no time we were walking around the store. We went through each aisle to assess what they have in stock. I made the following observations:

  1. As usual, they have a lot more foreign brands than local ones. They don't carry the full line for the local ones. 
  2. They carry smaller sizes.
  3. They have more options for clothes and they have Netflix show shirts. 
  4. They carry a good number of Christmas decors and have more affordable wrappers.
  5. They have more variety of chocolates. I didn't notice the candies though, but they had a gazillion biscuits and junkfood.
  6. They have a nice selection of cookware sets, home stuff and kitchen appliances. 
  7. They sell super huge TVs. 
  8. Their milk tea collection was interesting and they have Japanese beverages.
  9. They carry other Singaporean tsitsirya (not just Irvin's). 
  10. They have a cafe (aside from a fast food counter), barber shop and pharmacy and a gas station (well for the branch I went to). 
  11. Nice selection of meat and fish. Best to buy veggies elsewhere since they carry only organic ones (pricey). They sell seeds though. 
  12. Some items they sell cheaper, but some items are more expensive (i.e. Spam).
  13. They had a lot of wine, but that's something I don't really buy haha. 
  14. Surprisingly, they sell laptops and phones. 
  15. They also had a long row of vitamins.

This is what made me super smile today, haha.


Check-out was a breeze since we were early. They have 26 cash registers though. Best to bring your own bags since they pack your stuff with open boxes. What I liked best was the pharmacy because they had stocks of my medication. That's very important for me! Getting a haircut is for free for members and just PhP150 for non-members. We also tried the cafe. I liked the chocolate muffin since it wasn't that sweet. I paired it with an iced latte. 

I don't think I'll be doing my groceries at Landers. I'll just probably go there when I need beverages and chocolates I can't find elsewhere. The biggest pull will probably be the pharmacy (haha) and the easy access to a barbershop. The store is also a good place to do some walking (that's why malling is my cardio, superstores will make do for now since I'm not allowed to go to the mall).

#BeKind #StaySafe
 


No comments:

Post a Comment