Pages

Friday, October 21, 2022

Lakwatsera Fridays: Shopping in Harajuku

One of my favorite places to visit in Tokyo is Harajuku. It's a strip of trendy shops accessible by train. I usually go there after work since it's prettier to see at night. I normally head to Takeshita street. It's where you will find big and small shops selling pop culture items and lots of anik-anik. There's also a huge Daiso in the area (probably the most accessible if you're staying in Tokyo).


c2017


I liked walking down Takeshita street since there's a lot to see. The bigger shops normally sold branded items. The smaller shops sold a lot of collectibles. Good thing I was pretty disciplined since I managed to keep myself from buying too much stuff. I just got a few Yoda collectibles and a pair of earrings. I just saw a vlog feature the area and I was happy to see it's back to it's vibrant vibe. 




I was looking for non-Japanese food when I went to Harajuku for the first time. I found Wolfgang Puck Express on the map and saw that it was accessible by train. That's how I found Takeshita street and I would try to visit the area when I have time. I was able to bring Sweetie there once when he accompanied me. It was a great experience. 




If you're planning to visit Harajuku, best time to go is between 6 to 9 in the evening. Don't go too late since the shops close early. 


#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment