Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Miracles: The Firewall

I normally have difficulty sleeping whenever there's a typhoon. The wind was crazy yesterday when I woke up and I prayed to calm myself. I prayed for protection for everyone and I also said a thank you prayer that we were safe at home. I told myself to just keep praying and everything will be alright. 

A few minutes later all hell broke loose. The smoke I thought was siga was actually a fire. I am so grateful for Sweetie because he really took charge of the situation. He woke up Miggy, had me wear a mask and told us to bring essentials to the car. He parked the car and me outside the house where I could monitor the smoke. Miggy stood in front of the house for any emergency. 




First thing we did this morning was to check the firewall. It was deformed in several places. It was only then I realized that behind our firewall was where the fire started. The firewall and the quick action of the village security saved us. I only counted 6 firetrucks, but 15 actually arrived according to the village security. 

Just last week I was thinking that the firewall was a nuisance. It was keeping the wind from coming in our property. I was used to not having a very tall firewall since my childhood home had open space around it (except for one side). The neighbor also had an easement, so we did not need to build a tall firewall. Well, now I'm glad we have the firewall.

It took me a long time to fall asleep last night. My heart rate was elevated the whole day and experiencing what we did was overwhelming. I fell asleep thinking that the horrid firewall I didn't like saved us. We also found out how the village security went the extra mile to get help immediately. If the fire lasted longer it would most probably reach our home. 

The firewall kept the fire out. It is now damaged and would need repair. It was prayer that grounded me and reassured me that everything will be alright. We eventually went back home, turned on the electricity. The strong pitter-patter of the rain helped us to calm down.

Our prayers and heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped. Also praying for all those affected by the typhoon. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment