Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Throwback Thursday: GTD Days

Before I became part of the yellow pages, I handled the local version of Wand.com's trade directory. It was called Global Trade Directory where we encouraged exporters to sign up to find customers abroad.

The work tied up nicely to my previous job of exporting stone craft products (my Mom's company). I learned a lot about marketing a local products through the world wide web which was still a fairly new way to market.


I enjoyed joining trade fairs and getting exporters to sign up for our directory. We did well and even got a visit from Wand.com. That directory is still up and I still get regular updates from them. Ah, that was my first stint collaborating with an international team.


I was in my mid-20s back then and a fresh MBA grad and I definitely learned a lot from that stint. I didn't know back then, but looking back, God put me on the path for bigger things.

Just believe 🙏

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment