Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday Miracles: 365 Days

I was browsing IG when I saw a post made by Kumar (Kulas' bestie). He said in his post, "We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them." I was reflecting on what Fr. Orven said in his post when I saw Kumar's post. Fr. Orven said, 

"In Suffering, endure for it won’t last 

In Blessing, enjoy while it lasts. 

In life we experience joy and sadness 

In eternal life we’ll enjoy bliss and wholeness."

We each get the same number of days per year. Everyday would be different. It can be a good day or a bad day. It's truly up to us how we deal with things everyday. I have bad days when I feel really unwell to do anything. I used to feel so frustrated when I couldn't do anything. 




I always go back to what Dr. Canlas, my allergologist, told me more than 15 years ago. Accept things and be flexible. I became allergic to chicken, chocolate, Coke and cockroach (just the smell triggers my allergies). It was hard for me since I love eating chicken, chocolate, crab and shrimp, and I was an avid Coke drinker at that time. Dr. Canlas though said that I was always mildly allergic to it. Pneumonia ruined my immunity. 

I followed his advised. Accepted it and worked on gaining my immunity back. It took years, but I was eventually able to eat my favorites. I eat chicken and chocolate often, up to 3 pieces of shrimp. Never regained my immunity for crab though. I keep my house clean to prevent roaches (those baits work well too). 

I treat bad days as a sign to do something else, like sleep and rest. I was so used to managing multiple projects at the same time. My doctors told me it was already a personality defect and it was likely going to eventually kill me (haha). I eventually understood what they meant. Embraced the defect and worked on changing. I may not be as productive as I used to be, but I now experience a different kind of joy. I'm just grateful I could make new memories with my boys everyday. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment