Pages

Friday, October 28, 2022

Lakwatsera Friday: Ho Chi Minh

I've been to Vietnam a few times and what I remember from it is good food, great coffee and lots of motorcycles, like lots. Friends told me to be careful when crossing the street and only ride a specific taxi brand. I didn't need to worry since I was always with someone, but boy it was really hard to cross the street. 





There are a lot of churches in Ho Chi Minh. Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon is one of the most famous. It was established by French colonists and was built with materials from France. Too bad though it was already late when we finally got to see it, so we just admired it from outside. 




Another beautiful building we saw was the Sai Gon Central Post Office. The lights accented the arches and windows and it looked really pretty at night. I collect stamps so it would have been nice to visit the post office, see old stamps and possibly buy some new ones. Maybe next time. 




The highlight of my trip was trying out traditional banh mi (baguette). My friend bought a couple from a street vendor and that's what we had for lunch. It was filled with pork and tasted heavenly. Now I'm craving for one and wonder where I can get it here in Manila, haha. 




It was a very short trip and what made it memorable was spending time with the community. The wildest thing we did was try out scorpion! Haha. Good thing I only took a bite because it made me feel warm for a few hours (more like a warm, fuzzy feeling). 




Maybe someday I'd be able to go back with the boys so we can experience visiting Vietnam fully :)

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment