Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Mom + Dad

I was both Mom and Dad for Miggy until he was 15 years old. It was challenging, but I was very lucky I had my Dad. From the day Miggy was born, Dad was a doting grandfather to him. He wakes up very early and gets Miggy at around 4 am so I could get some sleep. Dad also took care of non-Math subjects whenever Miggy had questions. They were two peas in a pod. Everyone said that Miggy looked like his lolo's mini me. 

Both my parents supported me, I still had to fulfill the responsibility of being both parents to Miggy. It was hard, but I focused on one thing, Miggy. Everything I did and all decisions I made were for him. I have a friend who's also a single parent. She asked me how was I able to fulfill my obligations. I told her I'm sure she'd be able to be able to provide for her son's needs. 

Love, sacrifice and hard work . That's what all parents do for their children. And when they grow up, let them fly and be whoever they want to be. I'm grateful though that in our journey as Miggy and Mom, Sweetie joined our little family. It was not just me who suffered the empty nest syndrome when Miggy decided to go back to Manila after his studies. Sweetie and I were both so sad when he went home, we'd stay out late everyday. We dreaded going home to an empty apartment. 

I had Miggy early. I'm glad I did. My health did not allow me to have another one, but I was always meant to have a child. That's probably why he came earlier. Being a parent is a journey to enjoy and be treasured. Just love and have faith, everything else will just fall into place. 

Happy Father's Day to all <3

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment