Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Found Floating Island!

We ended up eating lunch at Makati Med yesterday since we decided it was better to do some of my tests already. We finally figured out how to get to Floating Island. It's on tower 2 and the easiest way to get to it is through the bridgeway from tower 1. 

I have many fond memories of Floating Island. When I was a child my parents would always buy me ice cream after getting vaccinated. Eventually I was buying Miggy ice cream after his vaccination dates with my pediatrician. When I used to work in a telco, my colleagues and I would dine at Floating Island. They used to have alcoholic beverages in the menu and I remember my officemates would sometimes order vodka haha. 




As I grew older the Makati Med visits were about visiting relatives who were sick. We'd still sometimes dine at Floating Island, but it got quite expensive and so we'd oftentimes just buy food from outside. The other restos yesterday and we thought it might be safer to eat at Floating Island.





I've been trying to eat more veggies, so I got vegetable kare-kare. It was good and it filled me up really quickly (I'm gonna eat the leftovers tonight). 





Sweetie got some tinola. He ordered it because he missed it. That's one thing I've never tried cooking, so I'm adding it to my cooking bucket list. 





Miggy got lumpiang shanghai. I guess he liked it because he finished it really fast, haha. He's quite picky when it comes to lumpiang shanghai, so it was a good sign he wiped out the plate. 





It's really nice when childhood resto is still around. Much as I like trying out new place, I appreciate going back to "staples" to make new memories. Visiting Floating Island again was bittersweet since I have a number of loved ones I dined with there who are gone now. Just keep the good memories and remember that you have more guardian angels watching over you now. 

#BeKind #StaySafe
  

No comments:

Post a Comment