Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2021

"Every Storm Runs Out of Rain" (Half-Year Review)

 

Waiting for my doctor.
The first thing I asked Sweetie today was, "Is it already July 1?" He answered in the affirmative and I said, "Wow half the year has passed already!"

"Every storm runs out of rain." - Maya Angelou

And rainbows usually appear after the rain. The past six+ months have been really challenging. I feel though that the rain is just a soft drizzle now. Things are changing and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. My body was permanently damaged by pulmonary embolism. I will never be the same and I have accepted that. You just have to roll with the punches. 

I was in survival mode for the first half of this year. I'm still healing from last week's procedure, but I've been able to start picking up the pieces. I started to exercise again and hope to continue the Justin Agustin gentle exercise course I enrolled in. Sweetie still does majority of the chores, but at least I've been able to cook a few times a week now. 

For the second half of 2021 my goal would be to gain more energy and stamina, be reunited with my family and show gratefulness. My birthday is coming up in two months, I hope we could do a real staycation (no more hospital staycations!). I don't really need any material things, prayers are appreciated (but quilting fabric and Yoda is always welcome haha). 


CB///*Yr2/82 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/109 #NewG364 #Home138 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment