Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The World Needs Christmas

Happy September first! Today is the day we start Christmas in the Philippines. I'm not entirely sure how that started since it wasn't always like that. I remember when I was a child, my parents together with neighbors would organize Halloween trick or treat for us kids. And it was only after All Saints Day when preparations for Christmas start. We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving in the Philippines.

I guess when celebrating Halloween really did not pick up in the Philippines, the coming of the ber (brrr) months was associated with the cool air during Christmas. Or maybe it was a commercial push. I dunno really. Whatever it is we've all accepted that Christmas in the Philippines lasts more than a hundred days.

With our situation now I think we need to sprinkle everyone we can with positivity. When I woke up this morning I had a thought, "During Christmas everyone tries their best to be happy, caring and loving. If we stay on Christmas mode then maybe we can get through this pandemic better". 

Family is Christmas.

2020 is one of the toughest years in my life and that's why I think the world needs Christmas. And Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus. He is the only one who can redeem us. I hope by then the situation would be better and I pray I can be with my family. I can't imagine celebrating Christmas without my whole family.

Merry Christmas everyone!

CB//147 #StuckAtHomeDay/177 #WFH102 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment