Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Beautiful Afternoon Walk

It was raining cats and dogs all day, but it stopped around 4 in the afternoon. Around six in the evening Sweetie came up to me and asked if I wanted to accompany him to the park. I hurriedly said goodbye to my manager and said I'm going out for a walk to exercise! Surprisingly he bit me goodbye immediately. I guess he was pleased to hear I was going to exercise haha.

I quickly changed to sportswear ("If you cannot perform, japorms!" - Marc Macalua, circa 2007). I have a very small selection of workout outfits so it wasn't hard to choose. Few minutes later we headed to the West Coast Park. It's only my second time to walk around the park, so Sweetie wanted to bring me to the edge of the water. Last time we only walked half-way. I completed 2 weeks of PT sessions without cancelling so I thought I'm in better shape now.



Sweetie was forced to walk slowly since I stop to catch my breath every 50 meters (may be shorter than that tbh). We made the whole round without me sitting so that's quite good. We stopped for awhile by the beach to check out the ships. Sat for about 2 minutes, but insects started chomping on our legs so we started our stroll back.

The weather was a bit cooler than usual, probably because of the rain. I loved it and I love just looking at the trees, the sky and the sea. The gigantic ships, boats and yachts were fascinating to watch. It's just simply a great feeling to be out and about. I think we're starting to feel a bit safer now because confirmed cases is averaging about 50 per day, with only 3 to 5 community cases. Sweetie even allowed me to go to Spotlight tomorrow after my doctor's appointment! Yaaaas!

Someday I hope when I go back home we'd have a nice home near a park (farm would be ok too!). By the sea would be nice too, but I dread being near the sea during a typhoon. My "someday" plan is still fuzzy, I just know I don't want to live in a condo unit anymore. I want a right-sized house with a garden or backyard where I can plant more! I also want a hobby room. That's what I hope to have someday!

For now I content myself with where I am now. My immediate goal is to be able to go biking around the park and hopefully check out Clementi Woods Park (it's an uphill park so it's gonna be hard!). We have a company holiday tomorrow, ahhh it'll be good to have some rest after a very busy week.


CB//149 #StuckAtHomeDay/179 #WFH104 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment