Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Organizing My Chaotic Craft Materials

Ahhh, I finally organized my craft materials. I had everything in a cabinet in our old apartment. We hurriedly packed everything in just a week and I gave away the cabinets that housed my craft materials. I realized it's been hard for me to plan my Christmas project because my materials are all over the place. I also couldn't find the project I made at a free class at Spotlight which I want to use as a template (I still didn't hehe).


So today I decided to take the plunge and opened up all the boxes. It took the whole afternoon and I'm happy it's all organized now. I put the items in translucent plastic boxes and labelled what's inside each box. This will also prevent me from buying stuff I already have. I originally thought I was running out of thread, but found the bunch of thread I bought last year. I don't have enough velcro though, but will just buy if I make bags again.

I dream about having a craft room someday. A room that will hold all my fabric and craft materials. It should have a nice long table where I can easily cut fabric and lay out the quilt. Of course, it will have an area for my sewing machines (I hope to have more than one hehe). And a wall where I can hang my work so it's easy to take photos. Someday it will happen.

For now at least my stuff is now easily accessible and I know where everything is (more or less). This should make it easier for me to work on new projects. Now I just need to allot more time for my hobbies.

What about you? What are your hobbies? How do you organize your materials?


CB//159 #StuckAtHomeDay/189 #StayHome #BeKind   


No comments:

Post a Comment