Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Surprise "Egg Project" for Sweetie

I normally do my kitchen experiments on Saturdays, but since we went out yesterday I was too tired to do anything when we got home. I've been meaning to try making leche flan for a few months now. I never tried because Miggy knows how to make it. It was Titay who taught him how to make many years ago so I didn't make an effort to learn.

One reason why I also hesitated making leche flan is it requires so many eggs! I got a huge tray of eggs a few weeks ago and needed to use it up by this weekend. So I thought it's the perfect time to make leche flan.



I told Sweetie this afternoon that I had an egg project and was going to spend most of my time in the kitchen. I didn't want to tell him in case my attempt failed. I toiled over it for almost two hours and it came out like a normal looking leche flan hehe.

So here's how Sweetie reacted to the special dessert I made for him --


Ingredients (good for 2 pans) 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 10 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla 1 can evaporated milk (392 g) 1 can condensed milk (390 g) Melt sugar with water in a pan. Place in lyanera and let cool. Mix egg yolks vanilla and stir slowly then add the evaporated milk. Stir in condensed milk slowly. Strain until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture in 2 lyaneras and cover with foil. Steam in low heat for 30 minutes.

CB//97 #StuckAtHomeDay/127 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment