Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Hamilton

We just finished watching "Hamilton". Oh wow, what an amazing show! I've been hearing friends rave over the show in the last few years and now I understand why they were encouraging me to watch it the last time I was in New York.

It's been awhile since I visited NYC. Hopefully next time I can watch Hamilton live!

When Sweetie asked if I wanted to watch "Hamilton" I readily agreed. We've been watching the plays being streamed for free on YouTube the last two months. I wish there'd be more. I think the last play we were able to watch was "Les Miserables" here in Singapore. So, of course, must watch Hamilton too.

Hamilton wasn't what I expected it to be. I didn't read anything about it. I must've watched the trailer a few years ago, but don't remember anything about it. I was a little confused when the show started because people were... rapping! I was confused because they were singing modern tunes, but wore clothes from the 1800s. It wasn't your usual play.

It took me awhile to get into the story since I'm not familiar with US history and the rapping was a bit overwhelming for me (sorry Tita na). Sweetie looked it up to explain what was going on to me. Eventually I got into it and enjoyed the show more. What I really liked is the refreshing way history was presented. We was not familiar with the characters, except George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, but it piqued our curiosity we started reading up more about Hamilton and Burr.

We also ended up watching a few more videos about the creator of Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda. Wow! He is a genius! Aside from Hamilton he also wrote and co-wrote a lot of popular songs, i.e. some of the songs in Moana and that song Neil Patrick Harris sang at the opening of the Tony Awards. Wow! Wow! Wow! I told Sweetie, "He is probably the Mozart of our generation!" If you think about it, how many people are there in the world who can make great music?

If you get the chance to watch Hamilton, watch it! It's fun! New! And the music is amazing!


#CB//89  #StuckAtHomeDay/119 #StayHome #BeKind 


No comments:

Post a Comment