Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Cooking for Two: the Expandable Afritada

One of my favorite Filipino dishes is afritada, but I can never get the right amount to cook. When you cook with tomato sauce the dish always multiplies and we end up with so much leftover. Since I'm cooking for just me and Sweetie I thought I'd just use 300 grams of drumlets and keep the same amount of veggies. I finally ended up with just the right amount of afritada for one meal.



Here are the ingredients:

olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
2 small carrots, cubed
2 small potatoes, cubed
300 grams chicken or pork
1 Tbsp rock salt
3 Tbsp vinegar
1 cup water
250 grams tomato sauce
1.5 Tbsp bread crumbs
1 bell pepper, cubed

How to cook:

Saute the chicken with garlic, onions, tomato, carrots and potatoes. Add salt.



Add the vinegar. Let boil for 5 minutes.



Add water. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.



Add tomato sauce. Lower heat. Simmer to 7-10 minutes.



Add bread crumbs. Mix.



Add bell pepper. Simmer for just 1-2 minutes (you'd want the bell pepper to be crunchy).


Serve hot.


If cooking for more you can expand the meat to 500 to 600 grams. 

#CB//93 #WFH69  #StuckAtHomeDay/123 #StayHome #BeKind


No comments:

Post a Comment