Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Plantita Saturdays: The Oyster Mushroom Finally Grew!

I made some mistakes growing oyster mushrooms for the first time. Disaster struck after a month. Apparently, I was supposed to leave the cover open partially when the pins started to appear. Good thing the seller guided me after I reported what happened. 




Removed the bad pins. I wiped the plastic with hydrogen peroxide to kill the molds. I've been very vigilant and have been inspecting the substrate. Good thing I caught it early and it hasn't re-occurred. So I followed the same regime. Made sure the cloth was wet twice a day. I also wiped down the counter with hydrogen peroxide mixed with water to make sure the area was super clean.

Probably because the substrate already pinned previously, news pins started to grow just a few days after. I made sure to fold back the cloth when that started to happen. I was so surprised how fast the pins grew. And this is how it looked eleven days after I cleaned it up -





Oh, I'm so excited to see more pins grow! My friend Inyaki told me they're going to look like aliens. It's true! They remind me of aliens in cartoons, haha. I'm now thinking of what to do with them. I might do Daddy's yummy oyster mushroom atsara. Hopefully I'll find the recipe :)

#BeKind #StaySafe 


No comments:

Post a Comment