Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Creative Happy Tuesdays: The Clown Quilt from My Teenage Years

Unearthed another one of the quilts I made under my Mom's supervision. I think Mom bought the clown fabric for this project so I could experience it. We were using scraps from Tita Maming's garment shop for our quilt projects. I super loved those scraps. They were perfect for hand quilting. 




Mom took care of cutting up the fabric for me. It already had lines I followed when I pieced the cut fabric together. I sewed everything by hand. Mom and I bought the rope from Divisoria when she first brought me there. I was amazed with the variety of materials for crafting. Mom and I continued visiting Divisoria for many years. 


We were not familiar yet with bag knick-knacks, so I just embroidered this part.


I'm surprised the bag is still intact. I remember using it as my school bag and it carried heavy books and notebooks. Mom took care of closing the sides on her sewing machine.  I think that's what made it sturdy. I will just need to change the rope since it is already unraveled. I kept favorite projects and things in a crate. It moved where I moved since it's my childhood treasure chest. 

I'm still on break from sewing right now. I experienced pain on my right arm after I finished the food processor quilt project. My new doctor included vitamin D for my blood test. I'm apparently vitamin D insufficient. My doctor will probably give me some supplements/meds to correct that. At least it's not a severe deficiency like I had 2 years ago. Good excuse to head to the beach!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment