Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wellness Wednesdays: Facing a Big Problem? Look 10 Years Ahead

I faced a huge, life changing circumstance when I was 17 years old. That's when I had Miggy. The best thing I did was to speak to someone who had gone through the same thing. It felt like talking to myself 10 years later. She reassured me that everything will be alright and just go on with your life. 

And that's what I did. My parents took care of us, had me finish school and encouraged me to do well at work. I used the circumstance to do better. I made it my primary goal to do everything so I could take care and provide for Miggy. I did everything I could to provide Miggy the love and care he needed. 




I did not do it alone. I leaned a lot on my parents. We only became fully independent when we moved to Singapore. They still helped us even though we moved out when Miggy was 15. We even moved closer to them a year after we moved out. It was comforting to have Mom and Dad nearby as we learned the ropes. We were all ready by the time we moved to Singapore. 

It's almost 3 decades now since that life changing moment. I never looked back, I just kept moving forward. Faced a lot of other issues and I just always thing that things would be so different in the next decade. Since I was 17, I've worked for more than 10 companies, moved across 9 homes, lived abroad for 10 years, visited countless countries, etc. etc. 

What I need to do now for myself is to look ahead and shape the next ten years. I was hard at work the past ten years and that ended in disaster for my health. Well, God Whispers said the other day, "Just as the moon depends on the sun for the light it reflects, so do your limited capabilities depend on My infinite power to accomplish your dreams.

Look ahead, have faith and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment