Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Throwback Thursday: Dayrit's, a Childhood Favorite

We had an unplanned lunch at Dayrit's the other day. It's one of my favorite restaurants since I was a child. I remember it used to be situated near the windmill in Magallanes. It eventually moved to the other end when the Magallanes commercial area was renovated and rearranged. Newer restos like Pancake House, Krispy Kreme and Starbucks now occupy the area. 


Sorry I forgot to take a photo before I ate, haha.


I don't even look at the menu anymore. I always order a cheeseburger and special iced tea whenever I get to dine at Dayrit's. Mom used to order a sandwich and Dad always ate roast beef. I remember ordering spaghetti once when I was a child. I was surprised it was served on a hot plate shaped as a carabao. It took a long time before it cooled down, so I never ordered it again (haha). They still use carabao hot plates! Miggy's order was served on it the other day. 


And sorry, forgot to turn the plate around, haha.


I'm a bit alarmed though, seems there's only one branch left? The website so far only lists Magallanes as a branch. The resto was full when we arrived, so I hope it's always like that. I would be heart broken if the restaurant closes down (praying it won't!). 


Daddy's favorite roast beef.


I normally get some processed meat from Dayrit's too. My favorite is their chorizo. I normally use it to make chorizo pasta. You can watch how I make it here, https://youtu.be/l7hGK4ISDIs. Next time I need food if I have visitors, I'll make sure to order from them since they make really good home cooked meals. 

Will be back soon!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment